Now that Broadway has cottoned on to the viability of their Rs.50/- only book sale, our new purchases are starting to multiply on cupboard tops, inside already overflowing bookshelves and in bags around the house. Fifty rupees is a very good bargain for books you might have wanted to read but never picked up daunted by price-tags and no publicity.
Here’s some of what is waiting to be read on my list:
- Jonathan Franzer: How to be alone
- Seth Godin : Unleashing The IdeaVirus
- Gabrielle Zevin: Margarettown
- Julie Morgenstern : Making Work Work
- Kate Grenville : Searching for the secret river
- Hanif Kureishi: My ear at his heart (currently reading)
- Joanne Harris : Holy Fools
- William Riviere : By the Grand Canal
I’ve also got (not from the sale):
- Nicholson Baker: The Anthologist (currently reading)
- Mary Karr: Lit
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie : Half of a yellow sun (currently reading for the Bookworm online book-club)
Add to this a zillion readings of Winnie-the-Pooh or the Ninky-Nonk book for you-know-who and you can see how this can get stressful pretty quickly.
My TBR Pile. Really.