Mr. M accompanied me to Literati’s four day summer festival, which began today. In addition to the books (15% off on new stock, old books for Rs. 50/100 each – bargains), there were clothes, paper bags, home made jelly, chutneys and spicy Goan masalas in a trendy linen pouch.
I picked up a bitter orange marmalade for the MIL, two books for Mr. M (who was more keen on chewing ‘The Empire of the Sun’) and five books for myself:
- the aforementioned ‘Empire of the Sun’ by J G Ballard (also a lovely movie)
- Five quarters of the orange – Joanne Harris (been wanting to read this ever since ‘Chocolat’)
- The Waves – Virginia Woolf (The jacket calls it ‘The novel of the century’ – how could I resist?)
- Angels – Marian Keyes. I find her funny. That’s a good enough reason.
- and ‘Reading Lolita in Tehran’ by Azar Nafisi . I’m really looking forward to this one.
Owner Diviya Kapur was welcoming as usual, she even allowed Mr .M into the private part of the house to say hello to her lovely dog. Woof.
The summer festival at Literati : 9, 10, 12, 13 April. They close for the summer from the 17th onwards until the end of May. See the Literati website for updates.