Fed up with the paucity of decent listings and hearing of events after they’re over, I’m making an attempt to catalogue details of events happening in Goa on a
weekly monthly basis. If you have anything to add to this list, please get in touch!
For now, I’m listing events under various categories as they occur. Would a date-wise listing be better? Suggestions welcome.
Mark your calendars, people!
* 15-17 Feb: Art exhibition at the Kala Academy (Panjim). Landscapes & portraits.
* 18 Feb (Wed): Evenings at Lila (Suparanta, Altinho, Panjim).
* 20 Feb (Fri): 5 p.m. at Literati, Calangute – SUHAG SHIRODKAR the author of CAPTURED IN MINIATURE will be conducting An Interactive Workshop : Appreciating Mughal Art for Ages 10 and up i.e. children in 7th standard and above as well as adults.
* 21 Feb (Sat): Art exhibition of Mohan Naik’s latest works (one of my favorite artists) / 7.30 p.m. at Panjim Pousada, Panjm
* 21 Feb – 24 Feb : Carnival (various locations – see local papers for details)
* 25 Feb (Wed): Ash Wednesday, beginning of Lent
LECTURES & TALKS
* Feb 26 -Mar 1: A Festival of Ideas. Series of talks by Rajdeep Sardesai, Nandan Nilekani, Ramchandra Guha and Jaime Lerner.
* Feb 26-28 : Science Centre, Miramar. A three-day science festival which will include an exhibition and display by different research and scientific institutions from all over Goa as well as outside Goa. Scientists giving live demonstrations and lectures followed by a cultural programme.