It’s time for a news round-up, once again.
2007 was a busy year for us. We moved house, travelled a lot, had many guests and celebrated a couple of important occasions. This was also, for me, the best year of my writing so far.
Here’s the quick update :
- Returned from India trip,
- had my first essay published in the CSM,
- another one in Releasing Times and
- moved house.
- Saw a breathtaking performance of Swan Lake on Ice.
- Writing-World.com published an article
- Feature on meditation published in an Indian in-flight mag
- We had heavy snowfall
- Saw the exhibition on Chola Bronzes at the RAA.
- We had a disastrous VD dinner – next time we stay at home, away from conniving restaurants.
- Saw the marvellous Renoir exhibition at the National Gallery
- Saw‘Becoming Jane’ at the local cinema.
- We go to a concert by the Berlin Phil at the Barbican
- See a performance by the LPO at the QE Hall.
- A second article published by Writing-World.com,
- we started a Save the Tiger blog and
- spent Easter in sunny Venice.
- We spend a Sunday at the London Zoo (and come back with a few hundred photographs – the zoo is a must see for anybody.)
- Saw a wonderful performance by Joshua Bell at Reading.
- Bank holiday trip to Granada.
- Our local church celebrated its 50th anniversary – Mr.R played the violin at the concert.
- My family came to visit and hopefully had a good time.
- Elsewhere, England drowned in summer rains.
- Proms on.
- We spent a fun afternoon at the Roald Dahl museum,
- my blog was listed on the Guardian Abroad site,
- we travelled to Berlin and Florence/ Pisa.
- Read the last HP book with bated breath and was disappointed – liked the 6th book more.
- Got hooked on Facebook.
- Went to a performance by the Vienna Phil ,
- painted my first oil,
- went on a hot air balloon ride.
- The first of my career columns appears in an Indian inflight mag.
- Travelled to India.
- Celebrated Mr.R’s mum’s 75th birthday.
- Went to B’bay to help with baby brother’s wedding preparations.
- Mr.R takes an adventurous trek to the Dudhsagar waterfall.
- I have three articles in print in an Indian in-flight magazine
- Mr.R receives his first magazine credit for his photographs.
- While on holiday, I’m asked by the editor if I can write one of the cover stories for the Dec issue, which I do.
- Baby Brother & the Namesake get married.
- Mr.R gets conjunctivitis two days before the wedding and (almost) recovers just in time after major panic.
- We come back a few days later.
- My career column continues to be published.
- Dignity Dialogue mag reprints one of my articles.
- The Guardian emails me to confirm acceptance of an essay.
- We see a fantastic performance by Perlman at the Barbican.
- And I loved watching Chak-de.
- My copy of the Countryside Tales Winter Edition arrived, with my essay.
- We spent the month enjoying our first Christmas in England (including carol singing at shopping malls)
- Took a weekend trip to Bridgnorth to be with friends,
- had a big Christmas lunch and
- spent NY’s eve with friends.
- Midnight mass was lovely with carols and all, but I was surprised to see people rather ‘under-dressed’. In India, Christmas is the big day and (almost) everybody wears new/good clothes. Here it was like regular Sunday mass – jeans, tshirts and cardigans. It was only the oldies (or it seemed like) that brought out their suits and good coats.
- The shock of Benazir Bhutto’s assassination still lingers.
- My Dec cover story in the inflight mag looks great!
Here’s looking to 2008! May this year bring us health, happiness and lots of writing contracts 🙂