- The red double decker buses.
- The cathedrals and buildings in London that remind me of VT and the Fort area
- Salwar-kameezes on every second woman here. (Mostly Pakistani.)
- Hindi and Urdu spoken on the street. Occasional snatches of Tamil and amchi Marathi.
- The plethora of curry and tandoori restaurants. (No pani-puri on the street, though.)
- The insecure swagger of South Asian men, full of bravado and nothing else.
- The sudden appearance of kurti’s on women everywhere as fashionable ‘summer wear’
- The more-than-occasional-all-year-round blustery rain.