It’s scary how the minutes, hours and days are going by…Just one more working day and I’m out of here – and there’s still a gadzillion things to do. Forms have finally been submitted yesterday, but the sense of finality somehow still hasn’t set in yet. Today and Monday will be devoted to clearing up papers to take home, deleting/copying PC files, farewell lunches with friends and a flurry of goodbye’s.
Just one more day and I’ll be gone. Ten years have gone by…..
Just finished reading ‘Today Matters’ by John Maxwell – a book about how to make your today a masterpiece. The book tells us nothing new, yet the format, the quotes, the stories make for interesting/inspirational one-time reading. Here are some :
- One today is worth two tomorrows; What I am to be, I am now becoming. – Benjamin Franklin
- Yesterday ended last night.
- The 57 Rules of success : #1 Deliver the goods. #2 The other 56 don’t matter.
- The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook. – William James
- The thoughts in your mind will always be more important than the things in your life.
- All things being equal, attitude wins. All things not being equal, attitude sometimes still wins.